Berlin Stroke Alliance
The Berlin Stroke Alliance is a consortium of over 50 organizations from Berlin and adjacent areas in Brandenburg which treat and care for stroke patients. Its members come from different areas of stroke treatment: acute treatment, rehabilitation and aftercare. Other institutes and organizations are affiliated which are closely involved with stroke issues, such as the Berlin Stroke Index and the Berlin State Association for Stroke Patient Self-Help. The main goals of the Berlin Stroke Alliance are to improve care provision for stroke patients and to carry out patient oriented studies.
The Berlin Stroke Alliance in cooperation with its affiliates has targeted the following measures:
- the creation of a central Stroke counselling office to provide advice and support to patients and their families in all phases of the disease;
- the organization of a stroke training course for staff members based on a comprehensive curriculum;
- the establishment of quality management informing every stage of the stroke care process
- the optimization of treatment and care flow to overcome problems particularly at the interface between its component units;
- the systematic analysis of the treatment and care situation for stroke patients throughout the entire course of the disease
- carrying out innovative clinical research projects based on the Berlin Stroke Alliance and the Center for Stroke Research Berlin (CSB).
The Berlin Stroke Alliance was initiated by the Center for Stroke Research Berlin and is coordinated under the direction of the CSB.
At www.schlaganfall-allianz.de you will find information in German on the central Berlin Stroke Alliance counselling office - The "Stroke Service Point" - situated on the grounds of the Charité in Mitte. There you will also find an information pamphlet series for patients and their families, the occupational training program and of course general information on the topic of stroke.